Occupational Therapy (OT) helps children and adults with additional needs to live their best life and to be independent in all areas of daily living. Occupational therapy focuses on the skills required for age-appropriate performance, with the use of assessment and intervention to develop children’s abilities and to be able to grow into functional and independent adults. Activities that an OT provides to children mainly focuses on the following items;
- Gross and fine motor skills.
- Visual motor integration.
- Sensory processing system.
- Social participation.
- The functional task in daily life.
- Cognitive skills.
- Adapted learning materials for children when required to maximize independence in each skill both at school and at home.
New Day Learning provides occupational therapy services for individuals and also for those looking for group sessions. They work closely with our interdisciniplinary team to provide well rounded service to support a range of individuals.
Our occupational therapy services at New Day Learning include;
- Occupational therapy assessment.
- Specific intervention in each area of life skills.
- Providing individual, group and community sessions.
- Develop, recover, maintain child’s abilities.
- Educating and involving parents and caretakers.
To schedule a consultation or appointment please contact us below.