Speech and Language Therapy is used to improve a students difficulty with communication, interaction and understanding language by reading, writing and speaking. We support students with communication difficulties such as phonemic disorders, dysarthria and language delay disorders. Our therapists provide a range of activities, teaching methods and interventions to help our students with communication.
Speech and Language services include:
- Verbal Therapy by strengthen their speech muscles in order to speak the words and sentences clearly without stuttering.
- Visual and reading support by strengthen their reading comprehension and processing the language in order to understand the whole pictures in their mind.
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) to support students with the inability to voice to be able to communicate with other people through picture exchange of what their wants.
- AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication), describes various methods of communication that can help people who are unable to use verbal speech to communicate.
- Multi Modal Communication Method is a holistic way of looking at communication. Rather than just focusing on one area, we consider all forms of communication, for example, body posture, facial expression, gesture, writing, speaking or using a communication device.
New Day Learning & Therapy Clinic recognizes that the ability to communicate can be affected by a range of factors including motor skills, cognitive ability and language and literacy level. We work from the philosophy of ‘presumed competence’ and build on the modes of communication that work best with each client to support clear communication, we encourage inclusion and reduce unnecessary frustration.
To request more information on individual therapy sessions in English or Thai please contact us below.